Saturday 9 April 2011

Blackheath

I can't get sick of taking pictures of where I live. Blackheath is beautiful. There is a rather interesting community living here, we are a laid back, grounded bunch who know we found a good place to land and prefer to keep it as secret and private as possible. No stilettos or high heels at the village pub, its sweats, sneakers, hiking boots as we've probably just been for an hour's walk around the park. The food in the village always good, nothing fancy, just really good food. Hand-made food does the most rustic simple salads, grilled meats and curries, not to mention the world's best egg and bacon sarnie on door-stop size slices of white bread. The village deli does the cutest, well presented english breakfasts. Chapters, Bella Vista and Buenos Aires are where my friends and I celebrated many an occasion. Not to mention the drinking holes - Railway, the Crown and Zerodegress. Also the local shops where people know me - the village thai -Laicram, Indian takeout - Khans', Shepherd's Foods and the little fresh veg shop and the butchers. Perhaps I should have a special piece on the blog about each. Shall try.









No comments: