Monday 19 January 2009

190109

Social studies researchers have worked out that 19 Jan is the most depressing day of the year. This is when people receive their credit card bills, after the Christmas blow out on spending. Everyone back to the daily grunt of work, memories of the holidays faded away, feeling just that bit fatter and the workouts at the gym just that bit harder. 

Today is depressing alright. There was a road accident which caused massive 2-hr jams in my area. I had to get off my bus and walk 40mins to work. I was late by then and that made a mess of some other people's day since my morning stuff didn't get done. By the evening, i've been beaten and didn't go to my usual Monday night spin class. Rationalizing that i've already brisk-walked 40mins in the cold today. 

What to do when i had a bad day?
- washing dishes is quite therapeutic, i make sure my detergent smells nice. and i use warm water. everything smells abit like taking a bath. except u come out dirty rather than clean?!!
- a diy facial
- didn't do this today but buying a new lipstick is very uplifting. especially if u buy it at a nice shop and let the sales staff try different new products on you. a little blusher, a little cream that smells great, a new shade of lipstick you've never tried. ahhhh.
- exercise helps but really, i reached home at 9pm, cooked dinner and now its 10.30pm. I would like to get ready for bed rather than do an aerobics tape. another time huh. 

have a busy week as there are lots of dinners to go to this week!

nite!

No comments: